Friday, June 18, 2004

It seems I've been sleeping later and later lately...

They days have certainly been busy though. I ended up not going to Disneyland today. Instead I took my grand aunt and uncle from Vietnam to the Getty. The Getty is certainly a beautiful place so they truly enjoyed it. I'm also thankful the weather was nice today (actually, yesterday seeing as how it's roughly 2 A.M. right now). I spent the day talking to them and showing them around the Getty. The drive back was roughly 2 hours =P I got home around 7:30 so I was pretty bushed. All in all, a good day ^_^

Mraz was Mraz. There's not much you can really say about him otherwise... other than things like awesome, totally awesome, completely awesome, and (my personal favorite) superawesomer than everything. Since it was the curbside prophets tour.. everything was pretty much acoustic.. except for a dj... kinda curious if you ask me. I don't think he contributed much other than a couple wikki wikki's and "word." You can ask Kim and Lisa for the full story on that. But yeah, there was a Hawaiian guy named Makana who played Hawaiian slav key. It sounded like 2 or 3 guitars playing at once but it was really just one. Then, the next performer was Raul Midon..... this guy was killer. He was like a one man band. Truly awesome and very cool. He definitely had charisma. Then Mraz played, and I'm starting to believe he invented charisma. His music is definitely the type you can quickly fall into a groove with. He had a percussionist with him by the name of Jennifer Lowe, and she can certainly keep a beat no matter what you give her. Much props to her mad skills as well =) The funny thing is I can tell you all this and not worry about spoiling it for you. It's just one of those things you have to see for yourself to understand. By the way, the Disney concert hall is very nice to say the least. Walt would be proud of it. Oh yes, I hope you enjoyed seeing the show again Kim ^_^ Ooh, I forgot to mention we waited in line for about an hour for an autograph.. but Mraz ended up leaving before we got to him.

Yeah, what are the plans for the Gavin concert later? It'd be nice to know so I can work out what I can and can't do during the day.

The SUMMER IS STILL YOUNG! You might want to try to apply for a job at Home Depot Roo. The pay is good and there are some nice benefits (they'll pay a good chunk of your tuition if you work and go to school at the same time). Plus I dont think the hiring process is as stringent so you dont need to worry about interviews as much. Anyway, just give it a shot and keep trying. Luck is often times about exposing yourself to it. Your summer isnt quite down the drain either. Your bonfire is still coming up! That's never been a disappointment ^_^ Btw, I was raised as a Laker fan as well but the Lakers I saw in the Finals weren't the Lakers I know. The Lakers have always tried and usually in the Playoffs they'll put up a good fight. I don't care if they lose if I seem them playing the game like they love it. I dunno, they seemed different and in a bad way. I really do hope they get everything together nexst year and act and play like the champions they truly are.

Hope you have time to breathe kressler =) Fill us in when you have a moment to spare.

Anyway, I should sleep because I'm sure I'll be in for a heck of a day. Hope to see all of you this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.