Love Actually was a very enjoyable film ^_^ Does anyone else think Hugh Grant and Jason Mraz look a bit alike? Or is it just me? o_O?
Many thanks to Lisa who fed and sheltered us, to Kress for making the vunderbar cookies (QUE RICA!), and to Kim for... uh.... PROVIDING MORAL SUPPORT! yes, thanks go to all. I'm glad you were able to stay out late with us Roo hehe.. We oughta play tennis with roger sometime... Have fun coloring your new found drinking utensil!
And Pat... you were there! I think you need to practice your super smash a bit more... you haven't gone soft have you?
I'm sorry I took so long coming up with what I wanted for my wish list but I honestly hardly ever want anything... maybe that's why my parents haven't kicked me to the curb yet ^_^
Anyway, I feel sorry for whoever got me... but I will provide you more insight into my life so as to help you on your quest.... This is just insight so please do not think this is solely a wish list...
My favorite color is green. My favorite numbers are 4 and 8. I have a thing for quality, functionality, or things of beauty. I usually touch the things that I buy just to make sure I like how they feel. Things that are interesting and might brighten up my room are always nice as well. There's a store at the block with all kinds of interesting kooky stuff in there... It's the one with all the wooden wind chimes and such. I'm not telling you to go there. Just giving you an idea. Pier 1 is also cool sometimes. Don't buy me a lava lamp though, I already have a lava lamp and a glitter lamp =) Other good gifts include things that I can use daily... wallets and watches are an example, and in this situation a very bad example... so don't buy me either, I have 2 wallets waiting in the wings for me to use once my Docker's wallet is retired... one my grandfather bought me, and a nautica wallet as well. I already have a watch, they're expensive and difficult to buy as well.... I am NOTORIOUSLY difficult to buy a watch for, and shoes and sunglasses for that matter as well. Anyway, they're a good gift for any close and significant male figures in any of your lives... Gifts can be very simple as well as long as they're useful or pleasant to look at... something seemingly even trivial perhaps... Did you know there are only 3 or 4 spoons I'm willing to use in my entire kitchen? Tools can be nice as well ( I think that might be a good gift idea for Pat, he NEEDS MORE TOOLS!).
Other things that I like.... music ( I've been having a lot of fun playing the piano lately, I like vivrant flamenco guitar playin, good techno/trance/tribal grooves are nice like the songs from Matrices, the music I like is typically upbeat or a bit more intense then your usual faire but I like things with a nice deep beat), being physical (physical activity is always nice, I like playing ping pong and tennis, I grew up playing nationball, soccer is probably my favorite sport and the only organized team sport I ever really played, DDR can be fun and I can play a good 2-3 hours straight if I play trick mode, spending my summer days at the beach is always wonderful, and I simply haven't been getting enough phsyical activity in the past couple years since I don't have P.E. which was one of the things I liked about high school), I love technology and I'm a bit of a geek ( I built my own computer for goodness sake, I'm always keeping up with the latest happenings in technology, I was flipping through a catalog for professional-grade gear looking for a nice black knee-length lab coat but to no avail, I covet the micro-utility torch which has 1300 degrees Celsius of fine blue-flamed scorching-searing-melting-burning power, solid state pumping 5 megawatt green lasers rock my world, 6M Nitric Acid is my favorite acid, ionic air purifiers are tres cool, the boots I have are acid-proof steel-toed and electro-statically shielded, yeah, I'm a total technological enthusiast), I like driving, sound and silence, light and the absence of it, water, metal, harmony, speed (movement, not the drug), comfort, ripples, reflections, nature, and all sorts of other crazy stuff.. I'm very much a hobbyist so I like things photography, building, customizing, taking things apart and putting them back together... Cannot live without X-acto Knife!
Things I've bought recently...
Charcoal gray v-neck t-shirts from banana republic, white L.E.D. keychain flashlight, urm... I think those are the only two things I've bought recently and those are hardly even recent...
Things I plan to buy for myself...
360 thread-count egyptian cotton sheets (cotton is the fabric of my life) from linens N things. ( they're on sale and I have a 20% off any single item coupon!)
maybe a Cd-burner/DVD combo drive... because not having a cd-burner sucks.. although I think portable usb hard drives are the wave of the future...
New 19-inch monitor
New air-intake for my car so it breathes a little bit better
Running shoes
Razor Blade refills for my gillette mach3
I buy things from all over the place so just about any well-known store has been a victim of my spending =)
As for the wish list I wrote last night... here is a bit more help and clarity... and one addition as well...
Miyazaki films include Grave of the Fireflies, Tonari no Totoro (my neighbor totoro), Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away..... No Metropolis!
Water Blade (it's basically a silicone squeegee type of thing that's great for cleaning cars)
Is it possible to get a dry-cleaning gift cerficate? lol
A winning lotto ticket... hehe, just kidding...
Yes, I probably seem insane... and perhaps I am.... Anyway, my final and perhaps best suggestion is... You know those times where you tell someone that they really need something or really ought to have something.... Those are good gift ideas.... Although I'm sure no one would like you if you gave them a case of diet-coke, breathmints, and a paper bag with 2 holes in it so you can see... hehehe >=) Alright, good luck to whoever got to be my secret santa, and honestly, I like a lot of things and there are lots of things you could potentially buy for me just so long as it suits my tastes which is what actually makes it tough to buy something for me.... there are just some things out there that fit your personality... so the best of luck to finding the things that suit me! I'll try hard to find something that fits the person I'm the secret santa for as well...
Anyway, if there are any plans... please blog them ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.