Wow, weekends never disappeared like this before...
Thanks for cooking for us on friday lisa.. the food was great and it was still good the day after and the day after that too. Yes, tonkatsu, mochiko chicken, msg, and cantalope are all very delicious....
The concert was a blast... the House of Blues is a very different concert experience for me and I liked how everything seemed very private and personal... The atmosphere was great.. Mark Broussard (or however you spell his name) was pretty good especially since I've never heard him before... he has a bit of a country rock kinda style to him and I really dont like country but he made it work and work well too... Gavin Degraw was awesome especially when he sang "lets get it on"... so much soul.. and I think he had some of the better perfomances of the night.. a lot of his songs seem pretty mellow on his cd but in concert they all sounded pretty hardcore... the cd just doesnt have the edge of the live performance.. so that went down real easy with me... and Maroon 5 just rocked the place down and made my ears ring like no other (or maybe it was the freakin banshee who screamed with her mouth next to my ear?)... you just can't get the full experience listening to their cd, as good as it is... the added instrumental in shiver was indescribably good.. and it was great when they played "frontin" as well... so yeah, a lot of bonuses to going to a concert... yes, my 2nd concert ever was a great one... I'd like to see maroon 5 when they're not the main act though just because I like hearing their music.. not hearing their fans sing their music... o_o but yes, the concert was strong sauce!
Sorry for crashing at your place Lisa. I guess I was pretty tired... and the K's, you have a way of leaving without letting me know dont you? lol... Yeah people, it's ok to wake me up if you need to... but even still, I'm glad I got to hang out with Lisa and Kress and Roo later during the day too... and yes, thank you once again for documenting my sleeping habits... I particularly enjoyed the lil sticky on my key chain... I suspect someone with an affinity for cows and a color that resembles a light red has something to do with this... o_O? at least I wasnt snoring this time around ^_^ /
I hope you all had a good time hanging out with justin at claim jumper and I hope you all ate your fill too =9 How did the couple enjoy their gift basket? I hope you all enjoyed your weekends too
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.