Thursday, September 11, 2003

So, as of today, I can finally say that I am an official UCI college graduate. Yipee for me. :) I thought I would start off my new found freedom by partaking in exessive amounts of lounging around, however, my boss at work got me all worked up about applications and all, so as of tonight I've already begun downloading and filling out applications. *sigh* So reminiscent of not so long ago when I was stressing out over applications not so different from this one. The only difference was that I only filled out 1 application and checkmarked four boxes. Now I'm filling out like tens of them. Not to mention that there is also this online app. that nearly all the schools require to be done, yet in the supplemental apps that we are also required to do, we are basically filling out the same info. Bah...

The most stressful part of it all, of course, or the letter of recs. My boss says not to worry my pretty little head off for he will write me a superbly glowing one. Now I've got to deal with college profs. Fear shivers within in. I have one professor who told the class that he would gladly write anyone a rec if they wanted. I also asked my Spanish prof today if he would write me one. He said sure, except that this last class I had with him may have been the last class he was teaching at UCI. Bah...

So on the honors, awards and merits sections of the apps, I must leave them blank, for I had none. Wasn't graduating in 3 years enough? I'll probably have to BS my way through the extracurricular activities part. *sigh* Remember in High School when we all had extracurricular activites up the wazoo?

As I was leaving UCI today after selling my spanish book back to the bookstore, I actually felt a little glib of sadness that was quickly erased as I was stuck in traffic in the parking structure outside of the Student Center. Dumbass drivers... Just think guys, never again will I have to endure 8/9am traffic commutes to school or 4/5pm traffic commutes home. Tomorrow, I don't have to wake up early to be somewhere. I can just sleep in until 1 when I have to get ready for work. Ah... a good life I look extremely forward to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.