Monday, August 16, 2004

Well, school's been interesting...the kids are overall a great bunch, but it's not without it's problems. One girl was transferred to my class today b/c she was crying all week in the other teacher's room...turns out she was scared in the other room...but continues to cry in mine b/c she misses her 4th grade teacher. omg...it's driving me nuts! I don't know what to do with her...it breaks my heart, but she's ultra sensitive to be in 5th grade! I hope she warms up tomorrow.

Then there's the boy I made cry last week b/c i wouldn't let him go to the bathroom. omg...he told his mom I didn't let him go and b/c of that he "soiled" his pants. Guys...he didn't "soil" anything. He was given the option to wait 15 min until break, or go during class and pay me $50. He opted to wait. His mom comes in to meet with the principal and claims my policy is horrible and that she wants her son in another room (b/c he really wanted Mrs. Manning, whom he also had in 3rd grade).
Principal: Your son never soiled his pants, he went at recess.
Mom: OK, well, you're right, my son lied, but that's not the point. He should have been allowed to go.
Principal: He had 3 options!
Mom: OK, well, I don't want him to have to make those decisions. The teacher should choose for him.
OMG!!!!! What am I, his babysitter?! Geesh...I'm supposed to meet with the parent tomorrow morning b/c it wasn't resolved. Drama!

Kress...I'm game for both concerts =) heehee!! hope you're enjoying your time off!
Rodel...hope all is well man!
Patrick...hope you're having fun with your English blokes! sorry i've been late to everything! next time...i will be early!!! =) *thank andy for teh music...it's oober awesome!*
Kim...how was vegas?!?! good times and lots of money?
Albert...welcome back, i guess we're finally mokroopals again! haha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.