Born in the year of dog, yet allergic to dog dander... Blech. Thank goodness for modern medicine. Anyway, as far my wishlist, I guess this post will be both an update and my wishlist. A two for one, or toofer, if you will. If you don't care and just want the wishlist, which is totally understandable, just skip to the bottom of the post yeah?
A Snapshot of me right now (so you have some context to work with)
I'm currently working at a biotech company. I prefer riding my bike to work but that hasn't been happening lately because my bike needs some maintenance and it's getting a wee bit cold outside so I'm probably gonna want some full-fingered cold weather biking gloves.
I'm also planning on moving out of my current apartment. I need a change of scenery so I'm actually planning on moving in with two co-workers. We're still looking for a place right now. I just need out of my current place and a fresh start somewhere else.
My computer has been freaking out on me. Seriously. I'm not doing a damn thing on it and it says the cpu is churning away at 70%. It's due to a hardware problem but I don't know which piece is causing the problem. So if it takes me more than a week to figure it out, I'm thinking about building a new one. The next one? Windows 7, wireless mouse and keyboard (Most likely the Logitech stuff with a unifying receiver like the Performance Mouse MX and K340 keyboard), and hopefully a solid state drive.
As for my hobbies:
-Sadly, even though I love it so, I haven't been cooking at all lately (I don't like using my kitchen, another reason to move)
-I'd like to play more tennis
-Haven't dusted off the Wii in a while (but some wii points might be nice and wii sports resort looks interesting),
-I think I need to work up more courage to shamelessly snap pictures left and right. I have two rolls of film in two different cameras I'd like to polish off. There's also the old digital camera which I haven't been using because the rechargeable batteries on that thing are dying off.
-I've been looking for good reading material. I just finished reading 1984. Awesomely haunting book. Can you believe I never read it in high school? Had to take the book from my sister's bookshelf.
-Been playing a bit of Left 4 Dead 2 online. Hurray for zombie games, boo on my computer which quickly de-railed the good times.
-Watching Glee. Very good show.
-Working on getting my car into better shape. My front windshield is being replaced this weekend because it has a crack in it the size of the San Andreas fault.
I've also been thinking about giving my closet a refresh but it's hard to do so when you work in a lab. You're just asking for it when you wear anything decent into an environment rife with bacteria, acids and bases, and bleach. Plan on giving a good chunk of my old clothes to Goodwill or salvation army. I should probably buy more warm winter wear. More so than that, I should probably get a rain jacket. I've also come down with Lisa Syndrome. I'm taking a peculiarly keen interest in shoes as of late and for some reason Asics/Tiger Onitsuka has been making shoes that have my name written all over them.
Movies... Up was great, I take it you've all seen it because it's on quite a few wishlists. Paranormal activity was by far the best horror film I've ever seen. OSS 117 is a great movie. I think you'd like it Kressler. It's a french espionage comedy.
So yeah, that's what I've been up to.
The non-contextual wishlist
-Full-finger biking gloves. Just something to keep my hands warm.
-Logitech K430 Keyboard
-Logitech Performance Mouse MX (Typically Over $50)
-Windows 7 (Typically Over $50)
-Tennis Balls
-Wii points
-Wii Sports Resort
-Decent battery charger (Lacrosse BC-900 or BC-9009?)
-A good book to curl up with. Just read 1984. Probably going to start reading my gilded copy of The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
-Some great music. I just bought the Rodrigo y Gabriela CD 11:11. Tis awesome. I tend to like stuff with some panache or bite. So please, take it easy on the slow stuff. Good instrumental sections, a good riff, a good beat are always welcome.
-Anything Menzerna from Properautocare.com.
-Size 11 Gray Converse
-Gray Asics Rotation 77 (Typically Over $50)
-OSS 117 DVD
Places I like:
Newegg
Amazon
American Eagle
Ikea
2 comments:
thansk for the update, Albert. We haven't heard from you in ages.
I miss you Albert!!
I think it's funny you'd think I'd like French espionage movies. =) I haven't been to a movie in ages!
Are you not home for Thanksgiving?
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.