Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Time sure flies by. I almost completely forgot about the concert tomorrow. Everything has been happening so fast lately especially with school starting.

Congratulations on your first few days of school Kressler although I'm sorry to hear they pulled the rug out from under your feet. I dont think it's very cool of them to suddenly dump you with TWO life science classes on top of not giving you a lab-friendly new room like they said they would. It did sound a little too good to be true anyway but even still, the most important thing about teaching are the kids you get. Hopefully they wont swap out good students with felons and scallywags at the last second ^_^ I'm free this weekend so if you need any help with your classroom just let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Hey Lisa, I'm pretty much done with the floppy drive that was recovered from that old computer. It was an old floppy so the spray paint didnt go on anywhere near as smoothly as I had expected. I had to sand then spray, and then repeat that process a couple times but it seems as though it'll be fine by the time I install it in your computer. Do you really need it though? Goodness, it pains me just looking at it. Oh well, it does bring back some nostalgia of the days when I had my trusty 25mhz intel inside pc. Damn, that thing was awesome. I hope you've been getting enough sleep lately... waking up at ungodly hours is just something I cant do.

Speaking of waking up at ungodly hours.. =) I'm guessing you havent been up to too much these days Pat. How's v4 coming along? The lug conversion is supposed to be coming in soon as well isnt it? Anyway, let me know if you want to carpool to the concert (if you're going), I probably have to stop by your place sometime soon anyway, because I should probably pick up my DVD, my cd from adam, and my duster which I left in your garage. Hope you managed to get the rest of your stuff out of the old apartment.

How are things going at Boston so far Kim? I hope you've adjusted to the times over there. You're probably waking up earlier than Lisa these days. I recommend cable if you're willing to afford it. What were you using at your house before? Dial-up? If so, either way will be a nice improvement. If you do get DSL make sure its a 1.5mbps connection and that you dont have to use any special software provided by the company. It's usually a good idea to get a land line but you might be able to play that one by ear, just get it if and when you find out it'll be useful to you. Anyway, I hope you've settled in to your new place nicely and I hope our gifts make it feel a bit more like home.

Yeah, the state of education in California seems pretty crappy now especially at the lower levels. Tuition has gone up considerably yet there have been little or no improvements made to the schools. A lot of the classes here are full as well and in some classes you have 20-30 people petitioning to get in. So has the governator really done anything for our state? I guess we'll find out in a couple years when we can assess what has come of his time in office. Other than that he's been parading around helping Bush's campaign and spreading the Republican good times. *sigh* I hope Kerry finds the strength to win. I thought he'd show a little more guts for having 3 purple hearts but maybe he doesnt have the same morale in the political world as he does on the battlefield. So yes, I hope you're able to find some classes to squeeze your way into Rodel. Even if they are at awkward times or arent your first choice, something is certainly better than nothing if at the very least to keep you busy. They say if you need something done, give it to someone who is busy. So stay busy so you can accomplish a lot more with your time. It'll help the days pass and give you a better sense of satisfaction. I hope the job hunt is going alright. Maybe you should try places like a sporting goods store since you know a bit more about athletics than the rest of us it seems. And where in the world did jeremy get an A4!? Is this the same Jeremy that will drive an hour for free food? =) Hehe, I guess his wallet has been seeing better days as of late. And yes, it has been amazingly hot outside the past few days.

Anyway, if you guys are up for anything this weekend just let me know in advance. Let's play tennis! hehe... honestly though, let me know. I dont mind waking up early to go anywhere either since I've been getting up around 7 lately (that's early for me anyway). I'm free for either saturday or sunday but not both since I have a lot of things I want to get around to doing at home. So yes, get in touch with me if you want, because you actually can nowadays... well sorta anyway.... my phone is almost always in silent mode... I might not pick up... but I'll certainly call back. ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.