Q: I received my rebate, but it's for less than I thought I would get. Why?
A: There are several factors that could shrink your rebate:
•Your rebate can't exceed your 2007 net tax liability. If your net tax liability was less than $600 — or $1,200 if you're married and filed jointly — your rebate will be reduced.
Taxpayers who used Form 1040 can calculate their net tax liability by adding Line 52 and Line 57. If you used 1040A, add Lines 35 and 32. On 1040EZ, your net tax liability is the amount shown on Line 10.
2 comments:
that's all gibberish to me...
Basically, you get $600!
(in speedy mumbled voice to represent the small print) Your $600 may be reduced blah blah blah, but you still get some money so that makes you happy right?
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.