Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crablicious lives up to it's name

OMG, so stuffed right now. Our venture out to Crablicious tonight was very satisfying! First off, it was nice that we didn't have to wait on a list for 3 hours. The restaurant was huge, much bigger than Boiling Crab, but pretty empty. However, I suppose because of that, the servers were very attentive to us. The best thing about this place is probably the menu. Besides the crawfish and crab that we love so much, they also have items such as clams, fried rice, noodles, curry, lamb (OMG, must have to try next time), flounder and so on.

I ordered clams and a crab, and Kressler ordered the crablicious fried rice as well as a crab of her own. They have a few different sauces than Boiling Crab: original (cajun), garlic and butter, basil and lime, and mix. I got cajun for my clams and server warned us that it would be really spicy. It definitely was NOT. In fact, nothing we got was spicy at all. Very tame, but still good flavors. Half-way through our crabs, Kressler ordered a pound of crawfish. The restaurant in turn gave us the pound, as well as another pound for free! Somehow we managed to plow through it. It doesn't end there though. At the end of our meal, when we were stuffed to our necks, the restaurant then gave us complimentary shaved ice desserts! We each got our own small bowl, which came with strawberries, watermelon, pineapple and vanilla ice cream.

I give the restaurant a thumbs up just for being so attentive and generous! I think they are more expensive than Boiling Crab though. It said our two crabs came out to 5 pounds, but I really don't think our crabs were that big. And the pound of clams and 2 pounds of crawfish didn't look as big as Boiling Crab's... but Kressler hypothesized that they may weigh their seafood differently. Also, I think I prefer the spice that comes with Boiling Crab. Overall though, it was a delicious and filling meal. We shall have to start hitting up all the crawfish joints in order to rank them. :D

Next: Garlic Jo's!

1 comment:

Chickencrazy said...

mmmmmmm =) sounds delish =) glad you guys got some good grub.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.