Since I'm here I will contribute.
I am going through a very new experience... I'm happy and nostalgic at the same time. My recent purchase of a white Nintendo DS Lite has made me a satisfied consumer. Brighter screen levels, thicker stylus, smooth sleek casing - what more could I want? But, in with the new also means out with the old.
The box for my original DS sat in my drawer for several years now. After I removed the Donkey Kong Country 2 cartridge from the Game Boy Advance slot all that was left was to compile all the remaining accessories and pack it all up. Extra battery, connection cable, car charger, game ring, head phones...these all came with the accessory pack I purchased from Costco. None of these things will work with my new DS Lite so I suppose it only makes sense to pack them up with the original DS. Ah, there's also the extra stylus and Metroid Prime Hunters Demo. Those things came with the original DS, of course. Funny how I've been able to hold onto those things after all this time.
I remember when I first purchased the original DS. I was at the Universal City Walk during the week of its first release. From what I heard, the product was flying off the shelves and supply failed to meet demand. On a whim, I walked into the GameStop and asked if they had one. I think I was lucky that night because the store had only one or two in stock left. When I delicately removed the original from the box, it was love at first sight. I delighted when it asked me my favorite color and my birthday.
The original DS was also present during the Mokroopal trip to San Francisco. Kim spent a good chunk of time playing the Hammer Throw game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammer_throw). Pat purchased one for himself and Pictochatted with mine. Those were some good times.
As I slid the DS into the plastic bag and into the box, I made sure the serial number showed through properly. I don't know what the future holds for it, but I hope it will bring happiness for someone else just as it did for me.
3 comments:
My old Original DS went to the graveyard they call GAMESTOP shelves.
i feel so sad that i don't remember the hammer throw game :(
i still don't have any form of a nintendo ds! =( it's ok though...i was half obsessed in the summer when i had nothing to do - now it would be shamefully neglected with all the work i have.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.