Monday, November 21, 2005

Farm I see....

So I am not feeling well today. I think I got a mild case of food poisoning but I'm not sure. I feel a bit nauseous and that slight "I wish to puke now" feeling is lurking somewhere inside quietly. Why must the things I love hurt me so much? Actually I stand corrected, I did not love what I had. Suspect #1 - Portillo's, La Palma California, 11-20-2005. Basically the only suspect. I don't expect to get food poisoning from home because it only really happens when a foreign strain of bacteria is ingested and I did not eat anything I haven't had before at home. Other charges: Over-priced, not "all that", cheesy crowded fake New York Italian atmosphere (it's sad to try so hard and end up feeling like some over-commercialized theme park eatery), and false claims at greatness. There was a poster on the wall of some celebrity and it said "Your dogs are the best dogs EVER." This guy must've been a celebrity for being held prisoner in Ethiopia for his entire life. I've been to 7-11 and Costco and I've had a better hot dog. And the Jumbo size dog is actually the same size as the regular dog only the hotdog meat itself is slightly thicker than an average hot dog. The regular sized hot dog looks like a stretched cocktail weenie. No soda fountain where you could get a refill, so I assume you have to ask or you just dont get one. I guess the biggest crime is that they make it seem like their food is so good and great and make you pay like it is when really it's just mediocre. The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't what you would expect. So restaurants beware, the best foot you put forward should be your food. Denny's has no pretense about offering great food, you have a feeling you're getting mediocre food and when you do you're fine with it. Anyway, I did find the strawberry shortcake to be decent but probably not good enough to warrant a return trip.

So like I said, I don't feel so great and I took two mylanta tablets but those didnt really help. But when I took it, I was much more careful about reading what was on the bottle, even if its just some very simple over the counter antacid. I thought studying for the pharmacy tech exam was pretty interesting and I managed to learn a lot in the week or so that I studied, hopefully, enough to pass. So maybe maybe maybe, if everything goes smoothly, in a couple months I'll be living by the beach in Santa Cruz, studying some interesting material, not completely dirt poor, and maybe work part time at a pharmacy as a pharm tech. Who knows what the future holds although it's looking a bit brighter now that I know more about what I'm getting into.

Anyway, I hope I'll be ok by tomorrow if not sooner. And I've already started thinking of my wishlist so I'll be prepared for Secret Santa this year and so you guys will have an easier time getting stuff for me. This post is already too long so I'll put up a preliminary "warm-up" list next post. Hope you're all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.