Sunday, April 07, 2013

April Week One: A throwback or nostalgic photo

Obviously since we are getting older, there are more and more photos that make us feel...old. =)  I have a couple of photos I decided to post.  This first one would be the original MoKroopaLs with the shirts we made for ourselves.  I know I don't have mine anymore but perhaps some of you still have yours.

 

This second photo is just of me when I was little.  Actually, you can see my sister in red standing behind me and behind her is my youngest uncle.  This was when my family lived in Illinois - we moved to California when I was about 4 years old.  When I look at this photo now, it doesn't seem like I could ever be that young but I see a lot of myself in this little girl.


And, as just a side note: My grandpa is in an assisted living facility and my mom has been visiting him every week.  Yesterday she said they talked about his family and how he grew up in Vietnam.  It turns out that my great grandfather was a teacher and that several of my grandfather's siblings were also teachers.  They even opened a school in North Vietnam but when the country split & people fled to the south, they were drafted and unable to teach anymore.  My grandfather told my mom that he was so proud that I was a teacher because that spirit of helping others reminds him of his family in Vietnam...and I am also very proud of my teaching heritage.  Here's a picture of my grandparents when they first came to America (I think this was in Ohio?) and our family today.




1 comment:

Chickencrazy said...

Awwww, I love old photos! =) They bring back such awesome memories =D. How cool that teaching is in your blood, maybe that's part of what fuels your passion.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.