Saturday, August 22, 2009

Who's ready for a heart-attack from KFC?

So I am browsing through Yelp and come across a talk thread about something new being introduced at KFC - a bunless chicken sandwich. It may not sound bad, but please envision this:

2 bacon slices, swiss cheese, pepper jack cheese and "colonel secret sauce" sandwiched between two fried chicken original recipe fillets . That's right - the chicken serves as the bun for the bacon and cheese!

If you had asked me maybe 10-15 years ago, I would have eaten it because I had no regard for healthy food and c'mon - bacon, chicken and cheese...glorious. Now, my heart palpitates in fear of its damage - this "sandwich" (I think) exceeds the calorie, fat and sodium content of a single day! The scary thing is that in the test markets, it is getting great reviews and may spread to more areas.

Read about it HERE or watch below. =)

1 comment:

The Taco said...

Wowzers... that thing looks pretty gross. It's like they blatantly want you to die.

That being said.. Apparently someone has reverse engineered the Colonel's secret spices, so you could potentially make some decent chicken at home...

1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons Accent (MSG)

Notice that last ingredient? That's the secret.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.