Monday, February 25, 2008

Places I Love: SoCal, Santa Cruz, and NY

So what has been up with me lately? Well, I attended a friend's wedding in January. I was hoping I would have time to visit the Mokroopals and enjoy some Yogurt Land. But, alas! I did not have time to go. =( The wedding was lovely however! If you like, you can view the pictures I took here.

Around mid-February, I got to spend a lot of time with Albert. I've been somewhat more interested in spending time in Santa Cruz because they have a good variety of Mexican and Spanish food there. (Not to mention Greek, Japanese fusion, and cookies!) I think I racked up 300 miles on my car in one weeks just from driving back and forth from Berkeley and Santa Cruz. And it was worth it. =)

More recently, some friends and I went to New York to visit a friend and paint the town red. I arrived in NY at 6:30pm on Friday and left at 9am on Sunday. Yes, it was a very short trip for me so I had to make the most of my Saturday. On that day, my friends and I went to Serendipity, Dylan's Candy Bar, the Met, Central Park, Lombardi's Pizza, and Magnolia's. For the evening, we hung out at a lounge in K-Town and drank. I introduced my friends to a game of "I Have Never" and kept it clean. Since my flight was the next morning, I stayed up all night and didn't get to sleep until I was on the plane. Upon arriving in Berkeley, I slept for 15 hours until I had to wake up at 8am to go to work. It's kind of nice to know I still have it in me to pull all nighters.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lisa and i are going to ny in late march! you did a lot in that one day - i've been to serendipity & dylan's candy bar but we're going to go again! =)

i cannot pull all-nighters anymore (stupid school!) but sleep for 15 hours i probably could do =)

Tara said...

I would go to Serendipity's again since they had pretty good hot fudge sundaes. I thought the frozen hot chocolate was just OK.

Hopefully the weather will be a bit better in March!

Kimothy said...

when did you go?? i was in ny last weekend (president's day weekend). how funny if we had been there at the same time :D

Anonymous said...

I've been going to yogurtland at least once a week. Ironic how it's next to a baskin robbins, how do they keep in business.

Tara said...

Alas, I was in NY on the 23rd so I think we missed each other. =(

Yogurtland once a week! Wow! I saw three in NY on the same day, but we did not stop in one.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.