Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hmm... Here I am...

First post of 2006. w00t ^-^

How is everybody doing? I feel a bit out of the loop. Not really having internet is a bit of a drag. I'm getting cable installed this wednesday so that won't be a problem too much longer =) Hehe.. then there's this whole furniture issue I need to take care of... Not having a desk or bed is umm.. interesting. That's why I'll be making a trip to ikea. I can at least get my desk there. I already went to one ikea but they didnt have the desk I wanted =P

Classes started on thursday... twas alright. Kinda boring so far. The classes they're making me take are pretty much review it seems. I'm pretty much used to the campus now. I can find my way around. I do a lot of walking that's for sure. I have a "remote" parking pass so I have to park in the remote parking lots so it takes a little bit of time to actually get to class. I like it though. Even though I only live one block away from "campus," I'm probably a good mile away from class. Yeah, the campus is a pretty good size. It is lovely though and the surrounding town is nice from what I can tell. Bikes are definitely the weapon of choice when it comes to transportation here it seems. Surfing is also highly popular here. (Mavericks had 60 foot waves the other day O_O ) I have not yet visited the beach but I plan on doing so soon.

I'm getting along well with my two housemates =) They're both very cool and mucho chill. We played poker the other night and we had two other people come and join us for poker. I actually got dealt 4 of a kind seven's.. Craaaaaaazy. It came down to just me and one of my housemates. We both went all in. He won with a straight that was higher by 1 card. Not bad for my first poker night =)

I am without a doubt enjoying my new found freedom. I can see how addicting it is already. I hope you guys are making the most of your time together. Thanks once again for the going away gifts. I've been happily using all of it. Anyway, I just want to let you know that I still think of you and I do miss you. I'm happy though and I hope it won't be too long before I see you again. Take care in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.